Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Annie has a little problem.....

she is suffering from "holiday schedule".

Yesterday morning when I carried her downstairs (7:45 am) to contine her slumber on grandma's couch; she stayed up. Grandma had to take Lily to get her haircut.

Well, Annie is used to "holiday schedule" and 7:45 am is practically the middle of the night. Morning begins at 10:30 or 11:00!

So, last night while doing errands, Annie took a much needed nap in the car (6:30pm - 9:30pm).
At 9:30 she woke up (well rested), and ate a huge bowl of macaroni and cheese. She then watched her nightly movie, Cinderalla, which ended around 11:30 p.m. Annie was in full "play mode". She stayed in her room and played ponies. I was still up but needed to go to bed, because of my new full-time working status. I left Annie in her room talking to herself. I heard her close the door, turn out the light, and tuck herself in at 1:00 am (during the "holiday" we tucked each other in around this same time - my bad).

Do we have a problem? (Don't answer that)

This morning, Annie slept in until 10:30, and grandma reported she was sleepy until school - which starts at 12:30.

"Holiday schedule" is serious business.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I wonder who Miss Annie takes after???
How is life being employed full-time but actually paying them to allow you to work??
Hope you're surviving - can't get worse!

The Johnson's said...

I agree with Laura, it's kinda weird to be paying to work!
Poor Annie! We are having the same problem I found Sam back asleep on his floor and all three morning I have found Elisabeth back asleep with her dad in our bed. I was determined for an early night tonight, but they are both eating their 2nd dinner in front of the tv instead!

nielsons*love*family said...

i wish *I* were on "holiday schedule"~