Sunday, November 9, 2008

Election Thoughts


Election night for me was spent hosting a baby shower with a guest list of way tooo many..... but I did manage to sneak away and vote - for Barack Obama. After everyone finally left, I sat down to watch the election results and I must say I am "over the top" excited with our new president. I don't really know if he can do all that he has promised but I like his "way". I think he is smart, a listener, a fair-minded person and I have renewed hope in our country. I am moved (to tears) many times by what this election means for African American people in our country. I am excited to see what can be accomplished. I am not a Democrat, more a Republican, mostly an Independent - but I could not see McCain bringing our country to a better place. I can see Obama making a difference - I support him.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I don't know if this is Wayne or Libbi, but I like your thoughts, and I agree. We have a lot of positive things to look forward to. And the perfect candidate cannot be defined by political party, but the ideas that person supports.

nielsons*love*family said...

well i guess we can still be friends then! (hee hee)
the kyle and dorien family