Saturday, November 22, 2008

The "Peops" are gone!

My fellow family members left this morning at 3:00 a.m. to drive that dreaded highway - 21 hours to St. Louis. I am left here - for five full days - as a single mother of one. yippeee skippy! I told Wayne about 3 weeks ago that I needed a vacation so I was only going to St. Louis 1/2 time and I was flying 1 way. He looked at me and said - oookkay? So Wayne, and the somehow "excited" kids jumped in the car and took off this morning.

I've got my hall pass and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

One sad note: Annie hasn't realized yet that she is not going. She packed for herself last night and got all 3 of her swimming suits in a little "wad" ready to put in the car. Somehow I've got to take her swimming.

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Sad for Annie, Happy for You!

nielsons*love*family said...

you're ALONE??? (well, ok one kid is ALMOST alone!)

LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! (in my best napolean dynamite voice)
ENJOY IT!!!