Sunday, February 22, 2009

After all this talk........

................of little girls riding in pink boats and little boys getting their haircut........I got to feeling a little nostalgic and quite frankly - I could WEEP!

So..... in an attempt to grasp onto my memories of days gone by........I decided to post a few pictures of my thing 1 and thing 2.

My days were different then..........not chopped up with school assignments, games, and the ever present carpool schedule. The "two" played together, in a quiet house, day in and day out, with the only thing "pressing" - dinnertime and dad. I couldn't find a picture of them in their batman capes....but Oh, they loved those. Preschool and lunch were our big outings! Matching outfits were something I actually sought after with each clothing purchase. We went to the mall and took pictures!..........you know - went to the picture place...... and "posed".
I remember thinking..........how "grown up" they were, not realizing they were so little, at the ripe old age of 3 and 2.



Weren't they darling?










Now they look like this..........


and this....................



So now.............I take pictures of this..........

THING 5!

7 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Do you remember when I tended the boys in your mom's basement? I think it was my first semester of college. I don't think they'd go for matching outfits anymore.

Rigby Fam said...

oh, to go back to those days! They seemed so long and yet I would love to spend a few days in the past...

Laura said...

I remember those days, when Em and I would take Samson and Ryan on big adventures down south. Ryan loved rock-climbing in Goblin Valley, he was SOOO dirty! And Samson's most famous outing, "Bring me the toilet paper!!!" There's a good memory!

nielsons*love*family said...

great post libbi...sigh---and people wonder why i am hanging on to EVERY.SINGLE.MOMENT w/olivia...

they grow too fast..that is why~

Kassie said...

It is nice that you have things 3-4 and 5 to keep you entertained!!

JGEM said...

The ending photos made me laugh out loud. And the beginning ones made me sad because it meant mine aren't goint to stay little. I need to start some crazy science experiment.

Mrs. Poff said...

WOW....the memories...I feel like I was there with those two every step of the way...when I look at them I see Cody and Andy...they seem similiar to me...sweet boys.